Instructions for Use - Activon Tulle
- Ensure the wound has been cleaned
- Gently dry the surrounding skin
- Remove from packaging
- Place (either side down) onto the wound surface
- Dressings can be placed side-by-side to cover large wound areas, or cut to size for smaller areas.
- Activon Tulle can be unfolded to cover larger areas (this reduces the concentration of honey at the wound site)
- Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing.
- Store at room temperature
Frequency of Change
Depending on wound exudate levels, any surrounding interstitial fluid, oedema and dressing regimen may require changing daily but can be left in place for up to 7 days. Will be less effective when diluted by wound exudate. To maintain an effective honey level, change the dressing when the colour changes significantly.
Due to the nature of honey, it can solidify at cold temperatures and become more malleable at warmer temperatures. If the product has hardened, warm between hands to soften before use. If the product has become too soft, place in a colder place such as a fridge for a few minutes.Top tip: Activon Tulle is a triple layer knitted viscose net dressing which can be unfolded to decrease the amount of honey if discomfort is being experienced by the patient. Algivon releases honey at a slower rate into the wound therefore may be a solution if discomfort is being experienced by the patient when using Activon Tulle.