Instructions for Use - Algivon Plus Ribbon
- Ensure the wound has been cleaned
- Gently dry the surrounding skin
- Remove from packaging
- Pack Algivon Plus ribbon into a deep wound, cavity or sinus (do not pack cavity too tight)
- Ribbons can be cut to size with sharp scissors
- Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing
- Store at room temperature
Frequency of change
Depending on wound exudate levels, any surrounding fluid, oedema and dressing regime may require changing daily but may be left in place for up to 7 days. Will be less effective as the honey is diluted by wound exudate, to maintain an effective level change the dressing when the colour changes significantly.
Due to the nature of honey, it can solidify at cold temperatures and become more malleable at warmer temperatures. If the product has hardened, warm between hands to soften before use. If the product has become too soft, place in a colder place such as a fridge for a few minutes..