Instructions for Use - Algivon Plus
- Ensure the wound has been cleaned
- Gently dry the surrounding skin
- Remove from packaging
- Place (either side down) onto the wound surface
- Dressings can be placed side-by-side to cover large wound areas, or cut to size for smaller areas.
- Cover with an appropriate secondary dressing.
- Store at room temperature
Frequency of change
Depending on clinical observation, dressing may be left in place for up to 7 days. Algivon Plus will be less effective as the honey is diluted by wound exudates, to maintain an effective level change the dressing when the colour changes significantly.
Due to the nature of honey, it can solidify at cold temperatures and become more malleable at warmer temperatures. If the product has hardened, warm between hands to soften before use. If the product has become too soft, place in a colder place such as a fridge for a few minutes.Top tip: Algivon Plus has the capacity to absorb exudate so is ideal for use on wetter wounds.